The Best Wifi Router For multiple devices 2021: Better Connectivity | Reviews & Buyers Guide
Are you trying to find the best wifi router for multiple devices in 2021? If so then, welcome to our Top 12 Best Wifi Router 2021 review. Here we will let you know each and everything about the best quality routers in 2021. We have tried our best to review such wifi routers that are high quality and budget-friendly. Keep up reading for detailed information.
Nowadays you may find many cheap Wifi routers on the market but finding the best quality Wifi router is quite tenacious. Because if you want to purchase the best quality wifi routers overall, you have to choose them considering some cases like wifi range, performance, and the total value.
So, it’s quite a troublesome and time-consuming job. But don’t get a headache!! After long research and spending many hours, we reviewed here testing dozens of wireless routers to make it uncomplicated for you.
Besides, in this article, we have included a buying guide so that you may choose the right one considering the several key features of the different models with pros & cons.
Why have we picked these wifi routers?
We have selected these wifi routers considering the following things:
- Comparing Best Models
- Considering Their Key Features
- Considering Manufacturer’s Reputation
- More Positive Reviews on Amazon
- May Support next-generation 802.11ax networks
- Features 5 GHz Band
- Features gigabit wired ports
- More Functionality
So, have a look at the list and decide which will be best for you.
Top 12 Best Wifi Router For Multiple Devices Reviews
1. Asus RT-AX88U – The router I recommend
Asus RT-AX88U – At position 1 and recommended by us. The Asus RT-AX88U is one of the best wifi routers in 2021. Asus RT-AX88U is top of the list because Asus is a brand and really popular for its best quality,
Performance, Coverage, and Overall value:
If you look for one of the most reliable and durable routers in the market at a reasonable budget, then the Asus RT-AX88U might be the best product compared. We have selected it at the top of our reviews because it comes with the most powerful WiFi 6 technology. This feature provides faster transfers and a high-speed network. This wifi router is one of some up-to-date devices that provide this facility.
Or Enjoy The Video!
The Asus RT AX88U WiFi router has several features. Here is a list of the main features of this wireless router:
- Next-gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax
- Compatible MU-MIMO and OFDMA
- Very fast wifi allows160MHz bandwidth
- Features 4×4 dual-band Wi-Fi router
- Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Security Features(Professional Level)
- Designed with WTFast online game accelerator
- Adaptive QoS designates game packets
- Suited to triple Wlan (Triple-Play Services)OpenVPN Client and
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports available
- Has AiMesh Wifi feature for better coverage’s
- TWT to enhance the freedom of the connected devices
- Extensive customization Features
Asus RT-AX88U is one of the best and easy install routers. The installation of this router is not complicated, but if you’re looking for the simplest device, I’d rather recommend the Google WiFi system that I present to you just below. To install this router simply connect it to the WAN port of your modem, turn it on and go to the Asus configuration page indicated on the manual (normally 192.168.1.1 in the browser URL bar). The Asus software will guide you from there to all the configuration steps.
We have tested this router and found that the Wi-Fi 6 feature of this best router gives a good result. Besides, I also have tested its general performance along with the WiFi connectivity 5 or 802.11 ac and found an excellent output.
This wifi router features a 1.8 GHz Quad-Core processor that’s one of the most powerful processors accessible today. This powerful processor can process large files to send over the network without rowing all connected stations. This router has many advanced features and is the most complete device of my tests
In short, this smart wifi router 2021 is perfect if you want a high-quality product that offers the best performance and you will not need to change for many years. Whether you need it for Gaming, to work, to manage VPN connections, or many connections, this router will give you the best performance you can expect today.
- Next-generation WiFi 6 router for a faster and more efficient network.
- Compatible with Triple Wlan (Triple-Play Services)
- Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Security (Professional Level)
- The router has 8 Gigabit LAN ports all capable of handling the best web speeds (with the proper network cable).
- The wifi performance is excellent, among the best I’ve seen.
- Asus puts at our disposal a web interface very easy to handle. The network configuration is very simple and natural.
- 4 MU-MIMO external antennas to guarantee a stable and powerful signal
- Advanced features: VPN, Gaming mode, Mesh compatibility to extend the network easily
- This router is a little bit heavy
You are not ready for the ‘WiFi 6’?
If you are not yet ready for the “WiFi 6” technology or are simply not interested, but you are still interested in the best performance of the Asus RT-AX88U wireless router, you will definitely be interested in the RT-AC88U model of the same brand.
It was the wireless router at the top of my ranking for 2 years and he lost his title this year to the advantage of the model version AX. And it’s actually almost the only difference between the two routers, Asus has simply added the new “WiFi 6” technology and all its features to a router already very popular and powerful (and for a very reasonable price for new technology)!
2. Asus RT-AX92U: The first WiFi6 Mesh system
ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100 is one of the most stable and powerful wireless routers that feature WiFi Tri-band Mesh System with the WiFi standard – 802.11ax (or WiFi 6). It can deliver highly stable WiFi to every place of your home.
Asus is a very popular brand and it always offers very high-quality products, exclusive design, and a little something new model that’s really inexistent in the competition!
As soon as the WiFi 6 launched, Asus has offered us this brand new range of wifi routers keeping pace with this new technology. And that’s the Asus RT-AX92U wifi router!!
You will get a very strong performance using this router. After using this, hopefully, you won’t go back to any old standard!
The Asus RT AX92U WiFi router has a list of features. Here is a list of the main features of this router:
- WiFi 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Mesh System compatible with MU-MIMO and OFDMA
- Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Security (Professional Level)
- WTFast online game accelerator
- Adaptive QoS
- Compatible with Triple Wlan (Triple-Play Services)
- Server and OpenVPN Client
- TWT to improve the freedom of your connected devices
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports
As always with Asus products, the installation of the router is guided by very clear and natural ways. I was able to install this system at home in less than 15 minutes without facing any problem or difficulty. Once the mesh system is installed and the Asus application allows you to monitor and control the network remotely from your smartphone, tablet.
All manufacturers today offer this type of app with their latest models, that of Asus is the one I find the easiest to handle.
When it comes to the question about the performance of Asus, you may use it without any hesitation. It always surprises the users and the WiFi Tri-band Mesh System is no exception!!
If you want to install WiFi in your large home or office to adapt to the updated WiFi 6 standard, then this new wireless router will definitely be the best option.
So, assuredly you can use this router for sharing WiFi over a large area with a stable and high performance.
- Using the new WiFi6 standard to prepare your network for changing standards
- Professional neat design
- Easy guided installation for beginners
- 4 LAN ports
- An affordable price (for a premium product) right out
- The weight of the router is a bit heavy…
3.Google Wifi: The router (Mesh) with the best Wifi Coverage 2021
Google Wifi – AC1200 – Mesh WiFi System comes with three Wi-Fi points that can cover 4,500 square feet of total coverage.
You can also buy one point and if you want to make your connection fast in every room, then you may also expand your network by buying more points.
The points are really awesome design and look like ice hockey pucks. They look more beautiful in design than most wi-fi router systems.
Each point features 512 MB of DDR3 SDRAM, a quad-core Arm processor, AC1200 (2X2) 802.11ac, and 802.11s (mesh) circuits 4 GB of eMMC flash memory, as well as a Bluetooth smart ready.
This device is very easy to operate and it allows you to prioritize devices, set up a guest network, check your network speeds, and many more.
Overall, this mesh router will ensure you great coverage.
Google Wifi has a wonderful and unique design and it may fit in any type of environment where you might need to install it. The transmitters provided in the Google Wifi are identical (You can actually buy them in pairs or single). With a diameter of 10 cm and a height of 5 cm, it is much smaller than a regular router.
Google’s Wifi system has many unique features. Here is a list of the main features of this Wifi system:
- Features dual-band technology (2.4 and 5 GHz) that’s compatible with the 802.11a / b / n / ac standards (the most usual today).
- You can easily expand the coverage of your network by buying a new Google Wifi individually.
- The 3-point Wifi system is compatible with a larger building(250 to 420 m²).
- Features 710 Mhz quad-core processor along with12Mb of RAM that can assure awesome wireless networking function.
- Features two Ethernet ports.
- Its antenna-free design looks fine and unique.
- Alexa systems available from Amazon and Google Home
Google’s super mobile app for Google Wifi control highly enhances the user experience. Here are some features of the application:
- The application provides statistics on each device connected to the network.
- Easy programming of your Wifi system to automatically cut it at certain times.
- Gives priority to a device and allows to adjust the allocated bandwidth ( An improved Qos and very easy to set).
- Controls the Nest system lights.
The process of installing Google Wifi is similar to its design: Simple and elegant. You will first have to download the mobile application on iOs or Android and scan the QR code on the unit connected to your modem and the current (And yes I told you it was not a complete wifi router!
You will need a modem to make it work!) Once the scan process is complete, the application will guide you to configure your network with a login name and password. You can then connect the other units and connect them to the app for easy control.
Do not underestimate it because of its size, this little device can beat some much bigger wireless routers. When it comes to wireless performance, Google Wifi can stand up to high-end devices. In the 5 GHz band, during the accessibility test (same room), the Google Wifi system reached a speed higher than 450 Mbps.
It is seriously impressive when you know that the router is much bigger and more expensive, Talon AD7200 got the same score! The Google Wifi system also has good performance in my extended range tests with a recorded speed of 200 Mbps. Keep in mind that these results are obtained with a single unit and not the complete system.
Once all units are accurately placed, you will no longer need to ask yourself if the Wifi will disconnect into the house. This wifi router will provide you a worthy experience of use compared to the other models. Because it’s high in quality, gorgeous look, and provides a very fast speed.
So, you can use this Google Wifi system as one of the best wifi routers in the market at a reasonable price.
- The performances on all the Wifi bands are impressive!
- The fine and unique design will fit anywhere in your home.
- In addition to allowing you to install and manage the system, the application also allows you to access more advanced settings like controlling your connected home.
- Google’s system is the mesh system with the best price/quality ratio
- You must stay signed in to a Google Account when using this device.
4. Asus RT-AC86U: Top Wireless AC router
Asus RT AC86U is a dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router that is compatible with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology. It provides data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps.
It features a 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor that supports network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 along with 4x Gigabit LAN ports.
This router ensures the very best performance for a router using the AC standard. This is a 2900 Mbps dual-band WiFi router with Mu-MIMO technology that can control simultaneous connections.
As usual with Asus, this wifi router comes with VPN management, Network management application, AiProtection features so that the users can easily handle this router.
Besides, this router is designed for lag-free online gaming and the Pro universe with dry curves, two red lines on the top of the device, and black in the dominant color.
So, it will be very useful to the players and also for the professionals who basically want to install a fast and stable network in their house or office.
The Asus RT-AC86U router is a light version of the “Asus RT-AC88U” that I placed at the top of my ranking in 2019. The RT-AC86U is the model that I recommend to users who want a powerful network in WiFi5.
- Features 3 external MU-MIMO antennas that provide awesome range and good connection speed
- Designed with star antenna arrangement so that it can provide signals in any direction.
- very easy to install and use.
- Wall design
5. Asus RT-AC5300: A Power Monster for Gamers
This is the Asus another model router that’s designed with Tri-band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) adapted with the latest 802; 11AC 4×4 technology. So, it can provide maximum throughput of 5334 Mbps and excellent coverage up to 5, 000 square feet.
This router is specially created for gamers and features some advanced tools that will ensure satisfaction surely! For streaming, application, and file transfer, this router reduces the delay of transferring data between your PC and the router.
So, it will improve latency with gaming servers. Besides, it allows the users a subscription to a private gamer network. That’s why you can use the game server for free with this excellent wifi router!
It comes with a smart Wi-Fi network system and is designed with Broadcom technology to boost the connection on all bands. It has beamforming technology AiRadar, which’s why it can provide amazing coverage anywhere in your home.
Overall, we recommend you use this wifi router as one of the best wifi routers considering its all features.
The Asus RT AC5300 WiFi router has many gaming features:
- Compatible with the latest 802;11AC 4×4 technology
- Provides Professional Level Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Security
- Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Link Aggregation support
- Designed with WTFast online game accelerator
- Designed with 8 antennae for strong signal coverage
- Mesh compatible router
- Features Tri-band router
- Supports QoS
Again, being an Asus router, the installation is very simple. To install this router simply connect it to the WAN port of your modem, turn it on and go to the Asus configuration page indicated on the manual (normally 192.168.1.1 in the browser URL bar). The Asus software will guide you from there to all the configuration steps.
It’s been a few years since this router is at the top of my gaming selection for its outstanding performance, this year I hesitated to replace it with the RT-AX11000, the new model Gaming that uses the standard “WiFi 6”.
This wifi router 2021 has a lot of features and it gives the best gaming performance that I have seen in my tests until today. I advise you to use the 2Gbps wired connection with the Link Aggregation system for your gaming PC, if you have a laptop I recommend the pack with the Wi-Fi AC1900 key that will allow you to enjoy your powerful connection.
- The AC-5300 is the most powerful router for gaming
- Trend Micro AiProtection Pro Security (Professional Level)
- The router uses AC5300 technology which is very fast influx and very stable thanks to BeamForming
- Dynamic QoS
- antenna design for better signal coverage
- Mesh-enabled router for easy network expansion
- The AC wifi router has a really neat Gamer design and quality components
- You can flash the router to access even higher performance (Manipulation not recommended)
- Price a bit high
- It is a big router a little heavy
6. Netgear Nighthawk R7000: The best at less than 150 $
The Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is the next router on this list. It is a wireless router offered by Netgear, a company well known in the network/internet world. NETGEAR is a very popular brand in terms of hardware systems in wifi routers.
The R7000 Nighthawk model is available for a very affordable budget and to enjoy a very good performance. The R7000 provides wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (1,300 Mbps of bandwidth on the 5 GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band). I personally prefer the R7000 to the R8000 because it is available at a more affordable price and is easier to install.
During my tests, it emerged that the Netgear R7000 was more balanced and was among the best Netgear routers I tested until today. The connection on both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands is very good and very stable, I did not face any problem during all my tests with this router.
To summarize, the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 is an impressive wifi router with excellent performance at a reasonable price!
While it is a bit heavy and the 2.4 GHz band is limited to 600 Mbps. But the price/performance ratio is the best you can find today.
- WPA2 wireless security protocols
- NETGEAR Armor
- Dynamic QoS
- Amazon Alexa Voice Controls
- Recommended for up to 30 devices
- 4 x 1 Gigabit wired ethernet ports
- The Nighthawk offers incredible performance and all-around stability on the 5GHz band.
- It has a level of finish and features that are not expected on a wifi router of this price
- The router has a really neat Gamer style design and it has quality components.
- The excellent performance and additional features make it a little heavy case that will not fit if you have a small space.
- Only 3 amplified antennas: The range is a little less good than the high-end models
- Although the performance is good the 2.4 GHz band is “just” as good as the competition.
7. Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6: Right router to play or stream
Nighthawk R8000 X6- Best wifi router 2021 Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 If you like the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 wifi router that I introduced to you in the second position a little higher but want something a little more powerful (and expensive), then the Nighthawk R8000 AC3200 is what you are looking for.
For beginners keep in mind that the R8000 is an actual tri-band wireless router, its price is a bit high, but the many tools and features it has make it very powerful and easy to use! The Nighthawk AC3200, although it improves the features of its brother the R7000, does not have much more to do with the latter at the level of the design.
This one has in fact 6 external MU-MIMO antennas which make it possible to transmit the signal in all directions. In terms of performance, we find the same as the previous model from NetGear. Some will think it is a waste of money but the signal is already excellent on the old model it is difficult to improve it without having to change transfer speed technology.
Like other models, it can be connected to a storage medium to make it a NAS server (Network-attached storage) for storing your data. It works very well and it is extremely simple to configure.
The Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is an awesome wifi router 2021 with some small defects that make the purchase decision complicated. Here is what I think, if you are looking for a product that gives you access to a very good transfer speed on the band 5 GHz and a high-performance NAS server then this router should be your choice. This is the Wifi router that I recommend for online streamers who want a stable network connection to encode their videos on the fly.
- Hardware components are high in quality
- Wifi is very fast and extremely stable on the band 5 MHz
- Can be used as a NAS server with a connected storage medium
- The 6 MU-MIMO antennas and BeamForming technology send the signal from everywhere around
- The router is less efficient on the 2.4 GHz band
- The range of WiFi on the 2.4 GHz band is worse than I expected
8. Asus RT-AC3200: Gigabit Tri-Band Wifi Router
Asus RT-AC3200 -Best wifi router 2021 The Asus RT-AC3200 If you are looking for a wifi router with a simple and offensive design that has practical features, the Asus RT-AC3200 will be a good choice in any condition! As you have noticed it is a tri-band router that boasts speeds up to 3200Mbps and its price is a bit high.
However, you must keep in mind that this router has many practical features. If you want to spend your money to buy a wifi router that will give you the best performance and a lot of features that will make all network users happy, then the Asus RT-AC3200 wifi router should be your best choice!
It has built-in USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, 10 times faster data transfer rate. It also has 4G/5G dongle support and printer sharing features. ASUS AiCloud 2.0 is used to share, sync, and stream your files anywhere. The total network is secure with Trend MicroTM. With all its features the WiFi router Asus RT-AC3200 can be configured in a thousand ways if you know the good network.
In fact, just flash the router with the program AsusWRT-Merlin. With the right settings, this router has been able to offer you great performance at home.
To conclude, we can say that the Asus RT-AC3200 is a very exaggerated choice for an average user, however, a network user wanting a flexible platform full of modern tools will have fun with the RT-AC3200 Asus.
- The hardware (Components) of this router is very powerful
- The transfer speed on all the bands is excellent
- The router has many options that will surely please people who want more security on the internet (WPA2, VPN …) double
- The 6 external MU-MIMO antennas provide powerful signal coverage in all directions
- The wifi router can serve as a NAS server or VPN server once properly configured
- The router is very large
9. Linksys WRT AC3200: The Best DD-WRT Wifi Router
Linksys WRT AC3200 – Best wifi router for multiple devices The next router I’ve decided to introduce here is the Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-band Router, which is capable of reaching 2.6 Gbps (2.4 GHz / 600 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 2600 Mbps) speed. On the negative side, the router takes a lot of space, clearly the biggest of my tests!
What is a DD-WRT router? It is a router running on a Linux system, so it is a free system that can be set and modified as you want. The Linksys WRT AC3200 has 4 quality Wifi antennas that provide the best coverage for your home. The software installed on it is open source, meaning you can customize it if you know a little bit about programming and networking.
This says, unlike the usual pros routers, this one is surprisingly simple to set up and install the first time. As is often the case with high-end wifi routers, the Linksys product can connect to a storage medium such as an SSD to use the NAS server function and easily store your data.
So, is this one of the best wifi routers for multiple devices in 2021 really perfect? Aside from some design concerns about the size, there is not much else to say about this router. The router has passed all the tests with quite remarkable results without any crashes or any loss of speed. If you have the means, and whatever your level, I encourage you to select this powerful and open-source router!
- The hardware (components) of this wifi router is extremely powerful.
- The transfer speed is good and the coverage is correct.
- MU MIMO technology
- Tri-Stream 160 technology doubles bandwidth from 80 MHz to 160 MHz
- The performance of the NAS server is surely the best of my tests.
- DD-WRT router that can be flashed to improve performance and access advanced features
- The retro design will meet the expectations of network administrators in memory of the good old days!
- The router is heavy.
- The price a little high can stop some
10. TP-Link Archer C7: the best cheap router
TP-Link Archer C7 – Best wifi router for multiple devices 2021 The TP-Link Archer C7 The Archer C7 AC1750 TP-Link Wireless Router is the best affordable router available on the market today (Under $ 100 on Amazon).
This wireless router ADSL is compatible with people who want to enjoy a stable connection for gaming as well as fast for streaming, for instance, this router can in fact provide you a strong connection of 1.75 Gbps. Even with good performance, the router is relatively low-cost and plastic components look fine …
Do not drop it or drop anything heavy because it will most likely be damaged. The Archer C7 router from TP-Link is a relatively large wireless router and will require space before installation. The router is dual-band wifi with a total of 6 antennas including 3 internal. These few antennas allow improving wifi signal coverage.
Too bad that half of the antennas are not steerable, it would have improved a little more scope of the router. I recommend the version of this router is the “Double band” already strong enough for a stable connection to share among a dozen devices.
Sadly, this router offers very few tools and features. This makes it a very simple router to use and configure that will suit people who are not interested in networking/the internet. It is a router that I suggest. Its price is very low and it performs quite well!
- Excellent performance/price ratio.
- Correct transfer speed on both bands.
- Correct to stream or play online.
- 6 antennas that provide a good signal coverage
- The NAS server present is usually absent for this price.
- The router is bulky.
- The materials are of low quality.
D-Link DIR-880L: The AC1900 Gigabit Dual-Band Router
D-Link DIR-880L – Best smart wifi router 2021 The D-Link DIR-880L is the next router on this list. This is a dual-band router. According to my tests, this wireless router can surpass the user with his speed and have very useful features. On this model of D-Link, you can remove the antennas to replace them if they are broken or if you want to use more powerful antennas.
If you get high-level antennas you can improve the quality of the signal and its range. Regarding performance this router is simply excellent: the transfer speed is very good on both bands and the range is part of the top 3 products presented on this site. During my tests, there is no slowing down or any loss of speed.
With its smooth and classy design, the D-Link DIR-880L can’t stay out of sight for too long, yet it has one of the best features in this class and decent transfer speed. It is a router that I advise people who want a flexible product and good everywhere.
- Excellent signal range.
- Correct transfer speed on both bands.
- Very easy to use with the D-Link personal cloud storage service.
- The web interface may be a bit too modern for both newcomers and regulars at D-Link.
12. TP-Link Talon AD7200: The technology of the future
TP-Link Talon AD7200 – Best wifi router for multiple devices 2021 The TP-Link Talon AD7200 Gigabit Wifi Router has the honor of being the first 802.11ad router on the market. Unfortunately, this is the 802.11ax WiFi6 which was retained by the WiFi union and will become the most popular standard in the future.
The WiFi AD is currently less popular, but I am sure it will return to fashion after the announcement of WiFi 6. Unfortunately, its price is quite high, but it has features that justify it perfectly. In this article, I will go through every detail of this router to prove to you that it is worth every dollar invested in its purchase.
If you thought the Nighthawk X10 was big, wait until you see that song! The TP-Link router Talon AD7200 leaves behind its competitor with dimensions of 23.0 x 23.0 x 2.5 cm. This WiFi router is one of the most massive available on the market today. While its size may seem big, its design is very neat.
The design of the antennas is intelligent and allows you to fold the 9 antennas to get a flat upper surface.
Like its direct competitor, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 router, The Talon AD7200, has an impressive list of features:
- The Talon AD7200 wireless router uses multi-band technology to offer 3 separate WiFi networks at the same time.
- The router has a combined wireless speed of 7.2 Gbps (Band 1: 800 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps @ 5 GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps @ 60Ghz).
- While a traditional router can only stream on one device at a time, the wireless technology AC and the multi-user MIMO used by the Talon AD7200 enable simultaneous streaming.
- The 1.4Ghz dual-core processor is powerful enough to support multiple users at the same time.
- It has 8 very powerful antennas that allow it to maximize wifi coverage and performance.
- It has a WAN network port and 4 high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The two super-fast USB 3.0 ports allow the file transfer to an external hard drive or USB device directly over the wireless network.
- TP-Link offers an easy-to-use application to install, manage and update your router easily.
- To further enhance the life of this router, TP-Link has stated that the router will be kept up-to-date to allow you to join the three WiFi network tapes into a single home network. Of course, it will be a very practical feature.
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 router, like most routers, is ready for installation. TP-Link offers a very clear and easy-to-follow illustrated guide to help you. All you will need to do is connect your network device to your internet line, connect the LAN cable to your PC and connect to the page (www.tplinklogin.net) to begin the installation process.
This router has another mode of installation even simpler in my opinion: the installation from the mobile application TP-Link. This application will allow you once installed to manage your wifi router and install it with ease.
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 has a wonderful performance in all areas. This router reached a speed of 450 Mbps in 5Ghz during my tests (PC and router in the same room) and almost 250 Mbps at a distance of 10 meters. While these performances may seem small compared to its direct competitor the Netgear Nighthawk X10, it is a result still very satisfactory.
Taking into account the difference in the price of the two models, the Talon AD7200 is a much better deal in my opinion. In the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the Talon AD7200 reaches the level of the Nighthawk X10. The router reached speeds of about 100 Mbps in the test and 80 Mbps with a range of 10 meters. The performances in the 60 GHz AD band are very close to those of the Nighthawk X10.
During the proximity test, the router managed to impress me by reaching a speed of 950 Mbps! However, since the 60Ghz frequency cannot cross the walls, do not expect to take advantage of this network if you are not in line with the router.
This WiFi router is perfect, it allows you to promise powerful and reliable equipment already future-proof technology. If you’re looking for the ultimate WiFi performance without spending the budget of the Nighthawk X10, then I highly recommend it.
The performances on all the Wifi bands are impressive!
The installation and management of this router is facilitated by the TP-Link Tether mobile application
The price is reasonable compared to the Netgear Nighthawk X10.
The AD frequency is not yet supported by many devices and the signal cannot cross the walls.
This router takes up a lot of space!
To access the maximum speed of your internet connection
If you are a fiber optic user or a similarly powerful connection, the box of your ISP is often limited in the coverage of Wifi. Often Dual-band i.e. they can transmit on two distinct frequencies which are measured in GHz: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Moreover, the bandwidth is often limited on these frequencies.
Selecting a Wifi router guarantees a stable and powerful connection, you can even select a tri-band model that can transmit a second data stream on the 5GHz frequency. You can configure a router or connect a router to the back of your internet service provider box to improve its performance without having to set up a modem router.
Yes, the antennas of wifi routers that you buy online are often steerable to direct the signal. They are often much more powerful than on the boxes of internet service providers. This ensures a much better range of the Wifi signal. It allows you even if you want to direct the signal to the garden for example to go out and enjoy the WiFi.
To manage multiple connections
Today more and more devices are connected, which means that everyday devices can access the internet, either to collect data such as the weather or to send data such as cardiac bracelets that can raise your pulse during your sport. To connect to the internet all these devices need internet access in addition to your more common devices like your computers, smartphones, and printer. To manage all these connections the box of your internet service provider will be quickly exceeded and will no longer provide a stable signal at all.
The NAS server
More and more internet service provider boxes have a hard drive to record videos on TV. However, still very few models offer to use this network storage space to share files between users. It is much faster than the internet and this allows you to download a movie on the laptop and then transfer it to the storage space to see it from your connected TV.
Other configuration options
There are many other configuration options for network devices that are often unavailable or difficult to configure on an internet service provider box and are very simple to configure from a window of your desktop with online routers.
The ultimate argument against ISP boxes is their software builder that certainly cannot change and when you want to change some network configurations, if you like to install a different software version if desired it does not allow you. It is therefore essential to select a DD-WRT router that is Open-Source and allows you to install custom software on it.
Best Wifi Router for Multiple Devices Buyer’s Guide 2021
The technology behind the best Wifi router?
All Wifi routers are composed of three main parts, the router itself, a network switch, and a Wifi point.
- The router basically works to manage and control the traffic to the different devices connected to the network, in other words, it is the router that connects the different computers in the network and gives them more or less bitrate.
- About the Network Switch, it has a little the same function but as opposed to the router it will not process the data before transferring. The switch is a bar full of Ethernet ports, one port is connected to the internet source (WAN port) and the other Ethernet port (LAN) shares the input signal. The Switch does not use QoS to give more stream to the streamer or gamers.
- Finally, the Wifi point is the wireless network card of the router, it is thanks to the wifi point that we can connect remotely. The Wifi point is used to broadcast the web signal all around the router to connect devices using the same technology.
Do you need a WiFi router?
To make things easier for internet users, I’ve listed some of the most common “Wifi router types” you might experience:
- Dual-Band Router: Certainly, the most common type of router, dual-band routers as their names indicate, operate on two different frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. They are also the cheapest WiFi routers today.
- Tri-band router: These newer routers on the market offer an improvement to the dual-band technology with a third band used. Two of the bands are 5 GHz and one of 2.4 GHz. Since these routers are still relatively new to the market, they are constantly proposing innovations to improve transfer speeds. I rarely advise these routers for this reason: in 3 or 4 months the standard wifi will have evolved and you will find better for the same price. The Dual Band is already developed and stable and the performance of this technology today is largely sufficient to await the end of the development of Tri-Band.
- N600 Router: As we can guess from their name, N600 routers are Wifi routers capable of reaching the combined speed of 600 Mbps. The speed is obviously shared between the two bands of 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. These are routers that are starting to get old but are known to do the job properly (they are not recommended for fast modern internet connections).
Recommended: Top 10 Best VPN Router 2021
- N900 Router: This is the evolution of the N600 routers, they have as expected a combined speed of 900 Mbps divided between the band 5 MHz and 2.4 MHz.
- AC1750 Router: Compared to previously presented routers these offer a combined speed of 1750 Mbps, however, the speed of these routers is not really shared. The 2.4 GHz band has a speed of 450 Mbps while that of 5 GHz has a speed of 1,300 Mbps.
- AC1900 Router: compared to the AC1750 routers they are not so different; however, they offer a better speed of 600 Mbps on the 2.4 MHz band and 1,300 Mbps on the 5 MHz band.
- AC3200 Router: These routers are starting to put a foot on the territory of the tri-band. They have a combined speed of 3,200 Mbps. 2600 Mbps are shared on the two 5mHz bands while the remaining 600mhz pass through the 2.4mHz band.
Recommended: Best Gaming Router 2021 – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
- 5300 AC Router: Maybe the day you read these lines will become the new standard on Wifi; however, the AC5300 routers are used very little because too few devices are adapted to this new speed. These wifi routers, however, have a combined speed of 5,300 Mbps or 5.3 Gbps. This speed alone makes them very powerful but they are also the most expensive available today.
- AD Router: A new Wi-Fi standard was introduced in 2015: the 802.11AD, a standard with a very limited range (less than 10 meters) but allowing sky-high debts easily exceeding Gigabit / s.
- AX Router: A new WiFi standard appeared in 2018: the 802.11AX or “WiFi 6”, a standard that improves the performance of the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands already widely used today.
- DD-WRT routers: These routers are very different from other routers we have seen so far. It is actually a Linux-based system that can handle many features of its router easily. This gives access to many features usually blocked by makers. DD-WRT routers are little like smartphone jailbreaks, we can do many more things with but we must know a little. I have prepared a page to explain how to flash a router, the manipulation is a little technical but a regular computer should not have too much trouble.
Best Wifi Router 2021 Recommendation:
All debits I am talking about above are “theoretical flows” and I insist on it. Because some users are surprised by getting their new N600 router that it cannot manage their fiber connection … Indeed, the N600 has a theoretical maximum speed of 600 Mbps but the speed noticed in use is divided by two (300 Mbps).
When one is right next to the router, with some obstacles (doors walls) one can lose more than 50% of the speed of the router. So, there are many types of routers and depending on your network experience and your current needs, we will have to make a choice.
The market is a little saturated and the manufacturers are all trying to offer this or that innovation to stand out from the competition.
Advantages and features of modern or advanced wireless routers
- Most modern Wireless routers allow giving a single IP to all people connected to the internet through it. Since the IP address is unique and not public, your network is very unlikely to be a hack.
- A good public wifi router will always be easy to install and configure and whatever its power.
- A good WiFi router will also offer many RJ45 ports to connect multiple fixed devices.
- For people who appreciate NAS (Network Attached Storage), many high-level routers and some low-level offer to convert to a NAS server once they are connected to a hard drive. This makes it possible to store data that you do not want on your computer but also to set up an exchange gateway between the different connected devices.
- Most high-level routers are equipped with DLNA support, which is a multimedia system that allows you to properly manage how audio, video, and media are managed on the network you manage.
- It is also possible on the majority of recent routers to put a customizable program in place of the developer program. This kind of program “custom” allows going into the most advanced settings of the router (It takes a small network level not to break everything) to maximize your connection.
- Finally, most recent routers have new advantages such as prioritizing networks, sharing a USB printer, parental control, and server backup for important data…